I originally futzed around with website design from about 2009-2014. My website began as a Pokemon fansite, but eventually turned into a messy catch-all dump that most personal websites end up being. You could tell when I got into a new thing because I'd immediately need to update the layout to match. I managed to resurrect a few of the old homepages with the help of the wayback machine:
As you may notice, I am doing the website thing again because I like doing stupid shit when I think nobody's watching. (But you are! And you do so at your own risk.)
Me, the person(?)
I go by Kale. I'm a grad student from Colorado. Specifically, I am a mathematician pretending to be an ecologist (or the other way around depending on who you ask), because somehow my undergraduate institution allowed me to leave with degrees in both.
Some other not-very-fun facts in list form
- Hablo español, pero no puedo prometerte que será bueno! (I'm Panamanian and theoretically a native speaker, but my thoughts-to-Spanish pipeline has been suffering from disuse. I understand everything fine.)
- I'm an ugly color connoisseur and my favorite color is this horrid shade of green.
- If you ask me to pick a favorite animal, I'll cry.
- I used to play percussion in high school. I would still do it if percussion instruments didn't demand a lot of money and space, which I do not have at the moment. My pipe dream is to buy a marimba, but I'm considering at least getting a hammer dulcimer once I'm out of school.
- I wanted to be a pathologist back in the day. I continue to be concerningly interested in dead stuff.
- I primarily listen to music on a 6th generation iPod classic that I've had since 6th gen iPods were new (2007 or so). It's doing pretty good after 15 years, something I can't say for most other pieces of technology that I've owned.
Characters I like
I guess you have to do this if you like media?
Color quiz result (spoiler: it's green)
Your dominant hues are green and yellow. There's no doubt about the fact that you think with your head, but you don't want to be seen as boring and want people to know about your adventurous streak now and again.
Your saturation level is higher than average - You know what you want, but sometimes know not to tell everyone. You value accomplishments and know you can get the job done, so don't be afraid to run out and make things happen.
Your outlook on life can be bright or dark, depending on the situation. You are flexible and see things objectively.