Lysander does have a medical degree. He was even a real doctor once, until he lost his job due to accusations of malpractice. He maintains he never did anything wrong. It's hard to say either way, considering his complete lack of transparency about his life; Lysander isn't even his real name, but there's nothing else to call him.
He's pleasant enough, if not a bit dry, but he won't speak unless spoken to, which makes him a bit unsettling to be around. He's very good at entering rooms without people noticing and subsequently scaring all the occupants of the room when they realize he's there. He always seems to have a mask on; nothing he says comes off as completely sincere, and it doesn't seem like anything bothers him. If you push, he'll politely ask you to leave. It's not a good idea to make him ask you twice.
Nowadays, he makes his living in the black market. Most of the people who seek him out aren't quite human themselves. He'll hook you up with medicine if you don't ask him what's in it or where he got it from and he'll treat injuries with no questions asked, but the real money comes in after dark. It usually involves corpses. He may or may not supply the corpses himself. He may or may not harvest their organs. Nobody's ever seen him on the night shift, so who can say for sure?
- He can be found feeding birds in the park from time to time.
- His taste in liquor is pretty expensive. If he offers you a drink, it's a sign of friendship (or at least the closest thing you can get to friendship with him), but don't take it as an invitation to ask him anything personal.
- He has a weak left leg and uses a cane; this carries over into his bird form.
- He has one large scar that runs across his face and several on his hands.
- He has a mole underneath his right eye.
- He's about 8 feet tall, give or take since he's hunched over so much.
- His claws can expand and retract and even change shape-- he can go full Edward Scissorhands (Scalpelhands?) if he wants to. He uses one claw like a cane when he walks.
- The mask isn't his face. Underneath is a proboscis instead of a mouth.
- He can't fly, but his wings make for a great threat display, and he can wrap himself in them so he looks like Dracula.
- The dapper hat is required.
Woof. I'm pretty sure Lysander is my oldest character (est. 2010). Surprisingly, his overall concept hasn't changed too much. His bird form used to be a lot cuter, though - it was essentially a raven with the plague doctor headgear. And then I stretched him out. Whoops!
I intentionally made him a bit of a cryptid, but there's more to him than I've put here. Maybe I'll drip feed the public with more information at some point.
Background image from Jon Nelson, edited for color