- Jigsaw puzzles
- People walking through her flowers
- Loud people (Keiter especially)
- White wine
Tyler teaches college history. She is known both in and out of the classroom for being a bit of a grumpy old man, and she's fine with that. Really, she didn't put all this work into cultivating this extremely specific image for nothing.
She's very methodical and detail-oriented. She rereads books multiple times and writes notes in the margins, and when she's working on any sort of project, she'll spend as much time as she needs making sure it's perfect. She is equally as demanding of other people; while her criticism is extremely blunt, it's always constructive and intended to help rather than tear down.
Despite her stuffy demeanor, she isn't a mean person. She doesn't go out of her way to be a nice person, but she doesn't intend to hurt people's feelings with her honesty either. She will readily apologize if something she says lands wrong. (Unless it's with Keiter. She will never apologize to Keiter.) She can even be pleasant -- nice, even -- if she wants to be, although this is generally limited to twice a month (with a few exceptions).
- Her sense of humor is incredibly dry, and she gets a kick out of messing with people if they don't find her jokes as funny as she does. She will stare at you with a completely straight face until you get uncomfortable enough to change the subject.
- She enjoys gardening and has a large flower garden in front of her house. Her favorite flowers are red roses. Anyone who as much as breathes on her flowers wrong is liable to getting a fist in the face.
- She's afraid of the dark and sleeps with a night light.
- Her hair is naturally white with no genetic reason behind it. (Her deer form was originally intended to be leucistic, but I don't think it really matters at this point)
- Her haircut is pretty loosely defined. I usually draw it as a fluffy undercut, but it can be a bit longer or shorter. The sideburns are a constant, though.
I made Tyler in 2013, when I had just found out about leucism and really liked the look of white deer. Her human design came around in 2014 or so. I drew her with red flowers in an early piece of art and it ended up sticking.
Art by nuzze
Art by sneaksneaksneak
Art by jypg
Art by jypg
Art by coyvid
Art by kalpaca
Art by condors
Background image from Unsplash